Saturday, April 11, 2009


What a deliciously sleepy morning. Steady rain outside, sipping my coffee in bed with the pups snuggled next to me. 

I do have a to-do list for the day; job hunting being at the top of the list. I quit my last job because I hated it. I hated it with a passion, and it caused me so much stress and anxiety that my health started to suffer. I'm not sorry I left (yet), but I'm worried about the same thing happening. I'm worried that I may never find a job I love that also pays me living wages. I've toyed with the idea of going back to school, but I've never done well with school and it usually ends up being a waste of money. I was diagnosed with ADD a few years ago and unfortunately the medications I've tried have such powerful side effects that I can't stand to take them, so school remains incredibly difficult for me. 

UPDATE, 2:07 PM: Speaking of ADD... I stopped halfway through writing this entry and applied for 3 jobs online, walked the dogs, and packed a box of stuff for moving. I would love to find a natural remedy that doesn't have the type of side effects you get with Adderall, Concerta, or the other prescription drugs. I haven't done any extensive research, but much of what I've read about alternative therapy has concerned diet... eat more magnesium and vitamin B6, no phosphates or refined sugars. While I think this might be effective for some, I doubt it would be so for me. I've had ADD since high school, and my diet has changed drastically in those years (vegetarian to vegan back to vegetarian and finally to omnivore, all with varying amounts of healthy, well-balanced food) but my ADD has not changed at all, at least to my perception.

So this goes on my list of stuff to accomplish while jobless.

  • Find a job
  • Pack for the move
  • Maintain blog
  • Set up Etsy store with Mom
  • Research alternative therapies for ADD




2 comments:

  1. Try vitamin B6 ... it is interesting. Seemed to help when I needed it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping that it all works out for you and you get the happiness you deserve. I was wondering if you have ever tried meditation for manifesting, relaxation and focus?

    aqueitmind.com

    ReplyDelete